Saturday, January 7, 2012

Xmas and NYE

This is my 43rd blog post in 12 months.
My previous blog, which I'd kept three years ago during the three months I was in Europe, has 52 posts!

Truth is, this has felt less like an "advanture" than I'd imagined. I've done a lot more things, I've been more independent, but I guess I've also reached another level of maturity. But I'll keep reflections for the next, and last post.

What was a bit adventurous was dealing with the strikes in the French airports just during the week when I had to fly to Italy for Christmas. Seriously, THE NERVE of those people stopping THOUSANDS of travellers during the festive period... I hope their conscience is black and heavy as the black hole. Anyway, the night before I managed to leave it snowed a lot for the first time, and it was so beautiful to see everything white! Almost a shame to leave... I spent a sunny week in Conegliano with my grandparents, catching up with a couple of friends and studying a bit for exams. Christmas was extremely simple and a bit sad. It's weird actually how sunny and nice-weathered was December and is January too, in Northern Italy and even here in France. Hey, not complaining.

I then spent a week in beloved Milan, continuing my 3-week search for the perfect NYE shoes - which I ended up getting at the Rinascente, and God let me enjoy those expensive shoes until I die! But they are gorgeous :) I also relaxed going to the cinemas a few times, ate very well, and said hi to the Milanese night life I'll dearly miss.

It was heard to return to France actually. It's a totally different environment.. I feel like a bit of an outsider, and worst than that, I haven't tried to change that feeling. But these four months have past even more quickly than the rest this year, and in a week's time I will have left Grenoble :/

Right now I'm spending a few intense days studying... averaging 11 hours a day :( I have one exam left on Thursday 12th... and my plane from Venice-Dubai-Perth on the 19th. I should also prepare a pack to send home with things that won't fit in my suitcase...! I also have to think about finding a house in Perth, otherwise I might sleep under the big bridge near UWA when I move up - just 1 month after I arrive! If anybody wants to start searching for me, please feel free! :s

Before I return to studying, may I add that hunger really makes me a good cook! I just had gnocchi with zucchine, red capsicum and tomato sauce... topped with a little French cheese, may I say it was delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment