Saturday, November 19, 2011

amoureuse

This funny thing happened yesterday.

I assisted a course I've never been to before, because it's given by a professor I really like and admire, and thought I might as well learn something new as I had enough time.
The course is given in English, and is mostly for international students.
It was so... strange... to hear so much English. It felt wrong to speak English. The first few notes I took from his lecturing, my mind automatically translated them to French, because it was easier. Not to mention hearing myself speak English, it's now bizarre.
Funnily, it's not strange at all to write in English - I do that occasionally chatting to people from Oz, and of course blogging (even though Etienne, probably my best Grenoblois follower, kindly reminded me that I've been neglecting this activity!)

What's been happening? This month I'm more grounded in Grenoble.
With the exception of the weekend I spent in Switzerland to catch up with Alizee. It was lovely, we spent a day in Lausanne and admired the renownedly gorgeous lake and came across cute markets, then returned in Geneva. There we stayed with her cousin, who treated us to a lovely dinner of raclette, red wine and ice cream. We discovered Geneva's most Latin American salsa bar that night, and watched a movie on our return. The following day we had a big breakfast at a special bakery and tried all sorts of breads with butter/jam/nutella. We explored the centre of Geneva a bit, admiring the huge water jet in the lake and the cathedral, and before we knew it, it was Sunday evening.

The workload here has not been to heavy, but I'm starting to really revise now in my free hours, spending more time at the library with a bunch of other Italians. I'm enjoying all my courses.

It's getting cold!! I don't like it at all.. but at least it's still sunny. That being said, we're drawing up an autumn which has been really gorgeous a bit everywhere that I've been, Grenoble included of course. Unfortunately, the heating in our (old) apartment is not working at the moment, so I bought a heater for my room, but the rest of the house is still quite cold.

All good with the house, apparently we can have two parties in the same night, as I discovered last week - I "attended" the first party, from about 9pm to 2.30am, then as I almost was diving under my sheets, I hear the second party of friends coming over, who stayed a couple of hours more. Weird! :)

It's lunch time... belly says bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment